[Healeys] Fasteners and Air Intake Stuff

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Thu Nov 5 14:56:50 MST 2020

Healey 100 listers,     Can someone please confirm to me that the mounting bolts for the master cylinder on a BN1/2 is BSF threads or UNF.  I started to thread in a UNF bolt to mount the master cylinder and the familiar one turn and then stop when I am using the wrong thread on this car appeared.  I firmly believe if it's hard to do, you are doing it wrong.  Also, can someone confirm the horizontal part of the split air director that mounts behind the radiator grill is attached with two of the screws for the bumper apron?  I see no other attachment points other than the top of the air director vertical panel after it is bolted to the horizontal panel.  Where is the top attachment point on the body for the vertical panel?  This would be much easier if I had someone's BN1/2 to look at during assembly, but I am on my own pretty much relying on pictures I can find on the internet.Mike MacLean