[Healeys] Denis Welch 100M Manifolds

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sat May 23 16:43:10 MDT 2020

Anyone install Denis Welch 100M intake manifolds on their 100?  I bought these from a late friend several years ago and did not try to install them until this week.  A couple of complaints.  The balance pipe studs are not all the same.  Two have different length thread than the other two.  Not a tragedy, but for the cost of these things you would expect better.  Second, the manifold to carb studs are very long.  I can't seem to figure out why that is.  These studs did not come with the nuts either.  So far I have tried BSF and UNF nuts and can only get 2 to 3 turns then either nut stops.

  What thread and size should they be.  I bought a set of 8 nuts for a regular 100 intake manifold (H4), but they are too big.  Pardon the pun, but i am going nuts trying to figure out all the different fasteners on this engine/car and what threads are used in the newer replacement parts like this Denis Welch designed manifold.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android