[Healeys] Disassembling the Truck Lock

Roland Wilhelmy sentenac.rw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 17:17:29 MDT 2020

There is a pin. But to reach it you have to grind off the swages that hold
the assembly together on the square shaft. There are four swages one on
each corner of the shaft. If you are careful you can replace everything and
swage it together with a chisel after rechroming or rekeying.  There is a
pin, and as I recall you need to use a key or pick the lock and rotate the
barrel (if it is presently locked) to make much progress. Picking is pretty
easy.

If repro quality suits you it is easier and probably cheaper just to buy a
replacement. I like better quality chrome and I did it the hard way. By the
way the repro lock assemblies are slightly different which isn't a problem
unless you want to use your present lock barrel in the new assembly.
(Requires filing and replating)

-Roland