[Healeys] 3/8 BSF studs

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Fri Jun 26 13:34:58 MDT 2020

 I sent for the exhaust flange studs from one of the usual suppliers for my BN2 because I had none with the exhaust manifold that I obtained for this car.  Turns out they sent me a 5/16ths thread size for screwing into the flange.  Probably a BSF thread. but it turned out to be too small.  Somewhere along the way of this manifold's life someone re-tapped the holes to a larger (3/8ths?) course SAE thread.  Plain Chevy manifold flange bolts you can buy in any parts store fit perfectly and the set comes with locking nuts.  Not to overthink this or create more work for myself, I decided to go with the flow and just bought the Chevy studs and worry about the next thing that does not fit correctly on my project.