[Healeys] Double Flare versus Bubble Flare

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sat Jul 25 21:25:57 MDT 2020

When I took my old brake lines off I notice they had a double flare end
where they connected to the brake and clutch master cylinders but the
internals of the master cylinder fitting looks like a 45 deg DIN flare. I
would have thought a male swivel nut with bubble flare should be used when
the female fitting has an angled bottom. I am wondering if the flare on the
brake and clutch was modified at some time. It makes sense to connect the
double flare end to a fitting with and inverted flare bottom but not to an
angled bottom.

Am I missing something? I have an AH3000 built in November 1960. Does anyone
know where the bubble flare should be used?

Thanks... Harold