[Healeys] Over heating and adding additional core tubes to theexisting radiator

Robert Begani rfbegani at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:57:33 MST 2020

Thanks Bob, I am working my way through the program.  The engine was just rebuilt with only 100 miles on it by a well know machine shop and boiled cleaned etc. can only hope they did the right job.

Have a original Texas cooler and the Shovel to direct the air through to the radiator which had a high cfm pusher fan.  I have installed the tunnel which is wrapped in aluminum and some rubber insulation inside and out. It weighs a ton and does not get hot.  However, the gear shifter porthole does not have the rubber seal so the air coming out of it is tremendous at 2000-3000 rpm, so the shovel really works.  But, still the temperature rises

Within 2 weeks the original radiator will be re-cored. I am hoping that this will greatly reduce the coolant temperature to the level you describe.

Meanwhile, I have a good list of items to consider adjusting.  Will keep you all informed of the progress.

Bob Begani

67  BJ8