[Healeys] Non-Healey related batteries issue

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Aug 10 11:15:59 MDT 2020

Lithium. Not looking good then!

Simon

From: Healeys <healeys-bounces at autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: 10 August 2020 18:59
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey related batteries issue

What kind of batteries are they (I'm guessing NiMH)? If they are NiMH or, less likely LiON, I don't think there is any chance of restoring them; the only batteries that I know of that can sometimes be resurrected are good ol' lead-acid, which sometimes can be desulphated (whether they'll ever get the original capacity back is questionable).

LiON batteries, esp. older ones, tend to grow 'tentacles' and short out internally; I would not mess with them at all as they can burn explosively. NiMH I know less about, but I've never heard to them being recovered, only recycled.

Bob