[Healeys] Non-Healey related batteries issue

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Aug 10 10:59:21 MDT 2020

What kind of batteries are they (I'm guessing NiMH)? If they are NiMH
or, less likely LiON, I don't think there is any chance of restoring
them; the only batteries that I know of that can sometimes be
resurrected are good ol' lead-acid, which sometimes can be desulphated
(whether they'll ever get the original capacity back is questionable).

LiON batteries, esp. older ones, tend to grow 'tentacles' and short out
internally; I would not mess with them at all as they can burn
explosively. NiMH I know less about, but I've never heard to them being
recovered, only recycled.

Bob