[Healeys] Non-Healey related batteries issue

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Mon Aug 10 11:32:46 MDT 2020

Simon,

it depends how old it is. My wife and I have one in France that we
bought about five or six years ago. The battery recharges fine - I did
it last about a week ago - and it has largely been in storage.

I would guess that it might be the charger that has seen better days.
There should be an electric bike shop near you. I don't know where you
are, but if there's a lot of cycling, particularly off-road there will
be an e-bike shop. Get them to look at the charger. Unless they have
been seriously mistreated the batteries don't usually suffer in that way
- I assume it is an Li-Ion battery.

€1000 is a lot. We paid €1700 for the bike, battery, helmets (4) etc.
These days they are a lot cheaper! A charger shouldn't set him back a
fortune.

Hope this helps,

Peter

--