[Healeys] Bulb holder issue

Bruce Steele healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 27 08:16:01 MST 2019

A bit off topic, but to Kees point, when I first did the reflector conversion LEDs were well in the future, and the bulb to use was the halogen photography bulb.  Heat build-up wasn’t a problem since neither the brake lights nor turn indicator are illuminated for long periods.  That is until one time returning from California Healey Week at some far-flung destination I drove for over an hour on the freeway with my left turn signal on.  The heat from the bulb warped a nice dimple in the reflector lens.  Now the halogens are long gone, replaced by LEDs, and the warped lens sits on my workbench as a reminder that it could have been much worse.

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7