[Healeys] Clip for Capillary AHB5397

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sun Nov 3 09:52:14 MST 2019

Hello,

My car was missing the clips to support the water temperature gauge
capillary pipe part number AHB5397. It looks like the design was changed
sometime during the Mk II production or later. My car is a Mk I. The part I
am looking for is No. 25 on the attached PDF. It is not available from the
"usual suspects" on either sides of the pond.

Does anyone know a source? I can make the part but would like to have a
sketch to work from. I am fine with used parts in reasonable shape as well.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Harold
1960 BT7 Mk1

PS - A significant contributor to over heating when slowing down after a
long drive is the lower water flow generated by the water pump. Lets face it
the the AH cooling system is marginal and there is no magic solution. Best
practise says use a water and antifreeze mixture, make sure there are no
restrictions in the radiator (tubes starting to plug), drill a 1/16" hole in
the thermostat to help eliminate any trapped air, add a coolant overflow
with the right cap to maximize water in the system, use a 5 or 6 blade fan
and keep all of the shrouding in place.