[Healeys] Getting engine mounts in line.

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Fri May 31 04:52:10 MDT 2019

Use gearbox tie rod to align.

Josef Eckert
Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] Getting engine mounts in line.
Datum: 2019-05-31T10:49:08+0200
Von: "simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com"
<simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com>
An: "Healeys" <healeys at autox.team.net>

Hi,

I’ve been messing around with the front end of my 3000 so I’ve had to
detach the engine mounts by removing the vertical bolts. Now that I’m
trying to get the mounts reattached, I’m having a hell of a job to get the
holes to line up. I’ve loosened off the bolts that attach the mounts to the
engine, but there’s still about half an inch here, there and everywhere to
contend with.

Is there a knack to this job? I can see myself expending a lot of brute
force and ignorance here….

Simon