[Healeys] Tri-Carb sells for $74,000 on Bring A Trailer

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Tue May 21 11:00:10 MDT 2019

Gary,
I believe that since the car sold, its reserve was met, so both the buyer and the seller would be satisfied with the results.
This is a model that about 5 years ago would have sold for very close to $100,000.00 US for a car in this condition. I believe that the market has softened overall, in the last few years, for Austin-Healeys as a whole, that combined with a reluctance by American buyers to purchase cars from Canada, due to various reasons, shipping across borders, the paperwork involved etc. May have kept this car from achieving a higher sale price.
While there were only 355 of these cars made, I also think their rarity is overblown in my opinion, they are basically the same as any 2 seater Austin-Healey with a 6 cylinder engine, with one extra carburettor.

Jean