[Healeys] OD Good news Bad news

Warren flyhihealey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 08:20:26 MDT 2019

Recently had the OD quit working. First time in 52 yrs. Luck? Removed tunnel and checked electrics and switches and solenoid seemed to work. Some hesitancy with solenoid at first. Replaced solenoid and interrupter switch as these were original parts and with close to 200K on the car thought it prudent to do so. Tranny oil topped off regularly and drained and cleanout of screen and magnets every two years. Using Redline MT90 for many years. Before that used ND 30wt.

Now I got it to go into OD. Every time. The good news. But it takes a loooong time. Many seconds. Just flip the switch at speed and “eventually” it slowly slides into OD. Not crisp and instant like before. The bad news. It disengages normally as before. Flip, depress clutch slightly, blip accelerator.

I’ve researched the archives as much as possible on all the forums but am hesitant to proceed without forum\list wisdom.

WD     67 BJ8

Sent from Mail for Windows 10