[Healeys] Dual SU fuel pumps install info. needed

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 04:56:09 MDT 2019

I installed a backup fuel pump in preparation for the cross-country drive to Open Roads in Lake Tahoe in 2002.  Although I installed a generic vane pump as the backup and not another SU, perhaps the attachments will help.  I have found it very useful and "comforting" to have a backup pump and have had occasion to use it several times on the road (temporarily, fortunately).

I chose to install the pump in series with the SU for simplicity of the plumbing.  It requires cutting the metal fuel pipe from the pump to the carbs, but I had already done that previously to install a filter under the rear seat so no additional cutting was necessary.

The backup pump came from the local Autozone store.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large