[Healeys] Finale to the E-Brake Saga

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Jul 10 14:59:41 MDT 2019

OK, the corrected picture in this email shows where the small arm is supposed to be.  Because the shaft below it is "keyed", taking the e-brake handle from the left side of the tunnel to the right side has it angled in the wrong direction.  It will not reach the cable clevis this way.  Today I took it to a machine shop that specializes in welding.  They are going to mill out the two welds holding the shaft in place, turn it 90 degrees and weld it back down.  When I decided to make a left side e-brake handle into a right side handle who knew the can of worms it would open.  I thought the ratchet plate was all I needed.  Everything needed to be flipped in the opposite direction to work.  Turns out the Spridget e-brake handle is mounted on the left side of the tunnel.  All this because I had it re-chromed already.Mike MacLean