[Healeys] Finale to the E-Brake Saga

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Jul 11 00:29:52 MDT 2019

This saga reminded me, rather obliquely, of the occasional opportunities for the LHD guys that crop up on UK eBay. I refer to the guys over here that are converting repatriated LHDs to RHDs. Steering components, dashboards etc…..these are pretty much useless to us and seem to be sold for peanuts.

Shipping needn’t be an issue if the vendor can be prised away from couriers and induced to use Royal Mail. The latter is normally much cheaper and just as quick. And they are much more gullible insofar as you can declare practically any value without fear of contradiction.

Just a thought and one which you all probably had years ago.

Something more for people engaged in long-term projects rather than the “Need it now” types. Like me, except I usually needed it yesterday.

Simon