[Healeys] FW: Wiper drive

Dennis Gavin djg at gavinassociates.com
Sat Jan 5 13:34:56 MST 2019

Subject: Wiper motor to wheelbox drive assembly

I had issues with driver side wiper not sweeping the normal arch and acting as if it were not engaged with the motor drive. I eventually got under the dash and could see the tube that encases the drive cable/gear between the motor and the driver side wheel box was not located properly. I believe the flared end of the tube should be captured in the wheelhouse bracket as the passenger side is installed. It appears the flare should fit in a groove in the wheelhouse bracket. I attempted to relocate the tube but had trouble making it reach. I backed off the tube from the motor end and now have the tube captured at the wheelbox but can't make the nut reach the threads on the motor housing. I have attached a pic that should explain much better. If anybody can steer me on this I'd really appreciate your efforts. The pic shows the wheelbox to the left with the tube captured in the bracket. To the right it shows the nut unable to reach the threads on the motor assembly.

Dennis
63 BJ7