[Healeys] FW: Wiper drive

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 06:20:40 MST 2019

Hi Dennis, I've been where you are and worse!!!
First thing to do is remove the wiper arms from the wheel boxes because
things can get out of hand very quickly and you don't want them scratching
the bodywork.

Next remove the motor mounting nuts and studs so that the motor is
completely free to move into position on the end of the tube. It's really
easy to cross thread that tube nut so be sure to run it on with your
fingers and only use a wrench when you are sure it is on straight.

Now work on remounting the motor which may involve loosening both wheelbox
nuts to let the wheelboxes "float" in their mounting holes.

Good luck, it's one of the most difficult and uncomfortable jobs on a
Healey.