[Healeys] Fender Screws

Michael Salter michael.salter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:57:58 MST 2019

Hi Michael,
The flange on the forward end of the rear fenders is secured to the "B"
pillar with 1/2" long 10/32 countersink Phillips screws with lock washers
and hex nuts.
The screws are countersunk into the fender flange sufficiently deeply to
ensure that the allow trim panels do not "ride up" on them.
If you have to drill the holes for these screws careful to check that they
are not directly under the positions of the self tapping screws that secure
the allow trim panels.
At the fenders the shrouds are actually held in position with rivets for
the most part as the fender fasteners also pass through them from inside
the inner body panels and into the "speed nuts" clipped to the fender
flange.
Just rear of the door there is also a 1/4" UNF countersunk screw that goes
through the steel inner panel, passes through the shroud and then the
fender flange and into a tapped plate up inside the fender.