[Healeys] Ford versus Ferrari

jim ab7vf at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 14 11:41:58 MST 2019

 Changing "rotors" ..Changing "pads" ...Changing "calipers" ...Not equivalent

 the ONLY time I need to open the fluid lines is when I have to change "calipers"
All the caliper change directions I have seen advise to prefill/pre bleed caliper before fitting

Heat? ...Use a CO2 extinguisher (you do have a current certified one in your shop) ...I do
change pads .. c clamp to press piston back into caliper (use a large screwdriver/pry bar if you are changing pads/rotors)fluid will flow back into reservoir ...If you don't want the crud from the caliper back into the system, crack the bleeder valve..ditto for changing rotors

Remove 2 pins to change pads//remove 2 bolts to change rotors/pads
suspend "caliper" from ? to avoid kinking/twisting flex line
remove/replace rotors ..
remove/replace pads ..

Piece o' cake (go to Les Schwab and watch how they do it)
Jim