[Healeys] DWM Uprated Steering Box

Ron Fine ronfineesq at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 12 12:16:19 MST 2019

Hi Bob,

I purchased a new DWM steering box earlier this year and communicated with
you about my complaints.  In my opinion, the replaced new box is still not
working correctly and I am not happy but not willing to spend more time on
it right now.

I would suggest to you that the scratches might be from someone earlier
removing that box by twisting it as they pulled it out the front of the car.
There are two metal plates on the firewall and a metal bracket and clamp
behind the dash, that if not removed first, might have scratched the tube.

Good Luck with your replacement.  I am happy to offer suggestions from my
experience from removing and replacing this part multiple times over the
years.

Ron Fine
61BN7
ronfineesq at earthlink.net