[Healeys] DWM Uprated Steering Box

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Dec 12 12:41:52 MST 2019

Thanks, Ron.  It seems reasonable that DWM might have re-used tubes from
stock boxes that they replaced with their box (I think they do some
repair work themselves).  I think the tube is only soldered-in.  The box
itself looks pristine, but who knows.

I'm disappointed to hear you are not happy with the box; it's a real
pain to R&R I know.  At this point, I'm not inclined to ship it back to
England and will probably go ahead with the installation when I mine
some motivation (note Bitcoin reference ;).  Steve G has installed a DWM
worm only, and reports there is still some play at the steering wheel;
as  far as I can tell from playing with it on the bench the new box
seems to have little or no play but, of course, things could be
different when installed.

Jeremy Welch himself called and admonished me that the box is just
fine--he wanted to nip any negative reports 'in the bud'--so we shall see.

Bob