[Healeys] DWM Uprated Steering Box

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Dec 12 11:09:34 MST 2019

I've got one sitting on the bench (it's too cold, I'm intimidated by
R&Ring the grill, the trafficator is a PITA, blah, blah, blah). I know
one Lister has installed one--sorry, can't remember who off the
top-of-my-head--but for all that have seen these I have a question: the
'tube' the steering shaft goes through has a bunch of fairly deep
scratches on it, has anyone else seen this?  These are scratches in the
metal that have been painted over; they look to be machining scratches
as they run the length of the tube, though not continuously, and are
slightly spiral shaped (I'll get a photo tomorrow if anyone is
curious).  They don't bother me, as they won't be seen, but I have to
wonder how they got there.

Bob