[Healeys] Hd8 float level

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Wed Aug 28 12:35:15 MDT 2019

Here is a quote from Jim Taylor (a well respected SU mechanic):"An illustration in the AH shop manual shows the float level with a 5/16" bar under the curved portion of the float lever. This setting is appropriate only for the early HS-4 tri-carb series with brass floats. All H & HD series use a 7/16" diameter test bar. The HS series carbs with plastic floats specify 1/8" to 3/16" between the float and the lid in the inverted position."
Somewhere I have seen a handy diagram illustrating these different configurations & specifications, but of course, I could not find it today. If someone has a copy of this diagram, please post it.
Gary Hodson