[Healeys] BN2 Disc Brake Conversion

rrengineer.mike rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Aug 28 13:10:48 MDT 2019

Before I get to my question, let me say that I have 3/4" slave cylinders for my rear drum brakes.  Those of you that have converted to disc brakes on your four cylinder cars, did you use backing plates?  I have a set, but am having a hard time figuring out how they fit to the assembly.  In addition the rubber seal that installs on the inner cut out is very difficult to fit so it stays in place.  Are these backing plates absolutely necessary?Mike MacLeanSent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone