[Healeys] Brake hoses

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 15 23:24:24 MDT 2019

I was not able to successfully install the Goodridge hoses because I have stainless steel brake lines with a copper crush washer at the union of the hard line to the flexible Goodridge line. Copper crush washers should be installed wherever SS line flares connect to a union point. The screw mating between the Goodridge hose and the SS line flare only engaged a couple of threads and I did not trust the integrity of the union. I emailed or sent a letter to Goodridge about this issue and never received a response. I have rubber hoses on my ’62 BT7 and the brakes work as good as they can.

BTW, I don’t think it is possible to obtain a firm peddle as one would expect with a today’s cars or even other non-British cars of the same vintage.

Bes -- John Spaur

’62 BT7