[Healeys] BJ8 Carpet Advice

Healey 67healey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:25:36 MDT 2019

Hi all,

  I'm finally getting around to installing what looks to be a very old
version of the Moss Motors deluxe carpet kit (bound edges, heel mat,
dipstick cover, etc.). I don't have any instructions, and I need
clarification on the piece for the rear floor.
1) should it be cut "down the middle" where there is an existing dart
already cut so that it extends properly to each side of the floor?
2) all the pictures I have seen (online) show it being fully carpeted
underneath the seats. But, as you can see by my piece there is no such
layout. The front of the carpet is evenly cut on both sides, so I doubt the
PO hacked anything off. If I am missing some carpet - does anyone know of a
US (preferably Canadian) place where I can get the correct Karvel carpet?
(before folks start saying to just go to an upholstery shop - I have
already gone down that route with zero success)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil