[Healeys] Paint type and color

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 12:21:20 MDT 2018

While I normally wouldn't contradict Michael--he's a pro and I'm an
amateur--that isn't correct.  What's in our badges--until late BJ8s
anyway, which were painted--is *Champlevé:*

https://beautifulantiquetreasures.com/2014/05/02/telling-the-difference-between-champleve-and-cloisonne-enamel/

This is usually cited as the goto place for badge restoration, but I
hear they are horribly backlogged:

http://www.badgecraft.co.uk/

Bob
**