[Healeys] Adjusting generator belt

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 09:54:02 MDT 2018

The true, honest-to-god, canonical answer is:

The belt has to be just tight enough so that there is no slippage on any
of the pulleys--inc. the generator under load--and no tighter.

I've always used about a half-inch of depression when pushing down on
the belt segment between the water pump and the generator using nominal
pressure.

Definition of 'nominal' is left as an exercise for the reader.

bs