[Healeys] Adjusting generator belt

Bruce Steele healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 4 08:31:54 MDT 2018

So I recently had to as the list a similar question.  I had forgotten about
the adjusting nut on the swing arm!  With the car on 4 jack stands, I ended
up using a 1x3 placed under the generator and used my small floor jack to
ease the generator up until I was happy with the belt tension, which I
checked using a homemade gauge and a hook (see attached photo).  I slip the
hook between the belt and the timing chain cover and check it midway between
the crank and generator pulleys.

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7