[Healeys] Refinishing dashboard wood

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Nov 4 14:02:20 MST 2018

I had to chip mine off carefully piece by piece.  Very tedious, but no stripper I could find would touch the original coating.  It was difficult to sand, too, without damaging the veneer, so I gave that up.  I re-stained the wood with Minwax stain and re-finished with  Envirotex Lite.  I found it to produce a beautiful finish and I was very happy with the result.  After 20 years, though, I see one area about the size of a nickel that is delaminating in a disc around the choke knob.  Nothing lasts forever.....

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large