[Healeys] Refinishing dashboard wood

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Nov 4 08:48:24 MST 2018

My Dash was pretty bad when I got it, the clear coat peeled off easily, much with a fingernail, then I think I used some mild heat to help with the rest.

I cleaned it with a wood soap, Homer Formby's, then a very light sand, then I simply polyurethaned it with Minwax.  It turned out much darker than a stock TR250 dash, but very beautiful, and it has held up well over time (9 years).

Greg Lemon
TR250