[Healeys] Healey 100-4 timing

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 18:21:04 MDT 2018

Wayne--

Exactly right--it is total advance that matters and I arrived at that
number by gradually increasing advance and seeing the effect upon water
temperature at speed and under full load.  Anything more and the car would
begin to overheat.  A bit too much less advance and performance fell off.

BTW I am running a DW "fast street" cam and tubular header and a Mallory
non-vacuum advance distributor fired with their Unilite module.  I too have
a Smitty's five-speed and the Toyota box, 180 XAS's and 3.54 diff set give
me about 72-73 mph at 3K rpm's indicated

Best--Michael Oritt