[Healeys] rear axle wheel bearing locknut wrench?

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:51:32 MDT 2018

Hi John,
Yes. It's a special nut.
It was designed by some particularly drunk BMC Accountants, after a long lunch one Friday afternoon.
"Let's make that rear hub nut some really obscure size" said one.
"And really thin - to make it cheaper!" Said another.
"And 8 sided - that will really stuff them up. Then we can sell heaps of special spanners"
And that's what happened.
You can buy them on eBay. Many clubs have one they will loan out.
And 100's are a different size to 3000's - so they could sell 2 spanners.
Most previous owners used a cold chisel..... in my experience....
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone