[Healeys] Batteries

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 20 21:33:33 MDT 2018

Fred:

Over the years, I’ve found that NAPA has had good batteries.  The secret with any of these batteries is to keep a battery maintainer / charger on them most of the time in order to keep the battery from sulfating, because they tend to sit for fairly long periods between drives.  This has worked for me for years with RV batteries, collector car batteries, etc.

I finally changed the tri-carb’s battery after 13 years awhile back – it didn’t fail, but I simply didn’t want to push things.  I think it was an old Delco.

The Optima batteries are fine, (more expensive) but probably not necessary in a Healey.

I use the Battery Minder brand – I’ve got several of them.

http://www.batteryminders.com/batteryminder-plus-charger-model-12117-12v-1-33-amp-charger-maintainer-desulfator/

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb