[Healeys] Batteries

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Apr 21 08:53:12 MDT 2018

Got this from the owner of Star Auto Electric:

"I was a Interstate Distributor for 25 years, they were an excellent
quality battery. These batteries are manufactured for Interstate by
Johnson Control who was manufacturing the batteries here in California,
however as all Companies want to make more profit about 5 years ago they
shut down operations in California and started making the batteries in
Mexico, well you can see what that will do, the quality started to drop
down tremendously to a point were they have high battery failure we had
to drop selling Interstate Batteries. Most mechanic will not install
these batteries in their customers vehicle's. Now you can buy Interstate
Batteries at Costco, even Triple AAA sells them, just junk batteries.
There is a battery which we are currently selling called Deka,this
battery is manufactured in the USA and they have an excellent record, we
have been selling them for a while and have not had any problems."

Agree on the maintainers.  BM makes one for AGM only--and, of course,
it's more expensive--but have heard the wet cell ones work (just don't
charge quite as high).
Bob