[Healeys] Batteries

rct2bnc at aol.com rct2bnc at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 18:59:50 MDT 2018

Fred,

I have gone the route of originality in most of my British cars (14) for many years. Since I've stopped doing car show and driving them, I have switched to Odyssey batteries. I have switched my BN1 and BN7 cars to single 12 v. These batteries have a shelf life (at optimum temperature) of 4 years. The cranking power is amazing and I've stored cars for 4- 5 months without any chargers or maintainers. The cars start without any problems. Secondly, there is no battery terminal corrosion, out-gassing or other damaging issues.

I have purchased the last 5 batteries from Amazon, using the Odyssey website for guidance as to size, CCA, etc. You have to look carefully, as some batteries come with terminals and others give you the options for attaching cables (as for racing, etc).

Just MHO

Ben Cohen
Healeys, Lotus, E-Type, Elva