[Healeys] A Mystery

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Sun Sep 24 13:34:33 MDT 2017

Mine was not an aftermarket tsnk.  It was an original.  It was filled with debris when I took it out.
Tom
---- Perry <healeyguy at aol.com> wrote:

All aftermarket tanks that I have taken a part did not have the slide over plastic screen. Its only a filter in a general sense as it will pass fairly large particles compared to any of the modern inline filters available today. Hey in the old days we didn’t worry to much about filtering things.  The engines leaked enough that you ended up running fresh oil (one quart at a time) between oil changes and the air filters basically kept birds out of the carbs.  Who would be concerned about microscopic bits that would pug up a carb needle and seat that hardly ever closed or a jet that changed delivered fuel volume every time the engine revved?  After all that consider that DMH only thought our precious little Austin Healeys would last about 10 years before they would be junk or junked! I had 52 years of ownership out of ours and its not showing its age to bad at 62 years and one month as of yesterday.
Perry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10