[Healeys] Another question about tires

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 14 18:50:20 MST 2017

Gary, I now run Vredestein Sprints in the original size of 165x15 on my BT7.  However, for many years I used Pirelli Cinturato 185x15 tyres. This was probably because this is what the former owner used (he was the first owner of the car).  I recall him telling me he bought them used from a friend and they came off a MkII Jag.  When I replaced them I bought the same size.  I ran them far too long, probably 20 years, before getting the Sprints.  I like the way the 185s filled the wheel wells and they ran and handled just fine.  I recall that the passenger side tyre just caught the inner wheel well on full left lock, and when I heard it rubbing I would unwind the steering a tad.  Bottom line, I think it was mostly aesthetics for me.

Regards,  Mirek