[Healeys] Oil in oil/water temp gauge

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Jul 20 10:40:55 MDT 2017

It is most likely that the bourdon spring inside the gauge has a small
crack near where it is soldered. Perhaps it is possible to re-solder the
leak. In the mean time you can disconnect the oil pipe where it is
fitted to the engine and  plug the hole. No problem driving that way but
there is no check of course that there is oil pressure. Many cars do not
except for a warning light. If the car has always been healthy I would
not worry.
Kees Oudesluijs