[Healeys] Intake manifold finishes

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 06:00:48 MST 2017

Thanks for the info, Len.  It has been my understanding (possibly inaccurate) that when the engines were painted accessories such as generator and starter were already installed and the whole thing was painted at the same time, including the fan belt.  If that was true, then it seems logical that the intake and exhaust manifolds would also have been installed and painted.  I would not think that an engine swap would matter since the replacement engine would have been painted the same as the original.

Those who are fortunate enough to be the original  (and still) owner of a Healey would probably have more knowledge about how the engine looked when new; but I also am the original (and still) owner of a 1969 Dodge Charger and I couldn't tell you such details because I didn't pay attention to them.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large