[Healeys] Intake manifold finishes

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 21 12:45:09 MST 2017

When I purchased my 1967 BJ8 in 1970 with less than 15,000 miles on the odo, the intake manifold was devoid of any evidence of paint.  There was an engine / transmission swap at the factory before delivery as the original owner who lived in Spain did not want the overdrive.  Current engine number is 29K U H / 13793.  "This car was originally fitted with engine no. 29K RU H / 13594 with overdrive gearbox but this was changed before despatch from the factory".    (BL Heritage Limited certificate)   I do not know if the swap has any bearing on the painted or not painted issue.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
        215,566 miles