[Healeys] Rear end clunk

Don Day fsufan1952 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 14:22:36 MST 2017

Hi list ,
      I have a 67 BJ-8 , frame off restoration completed 5 years ago with maybe 2,000 miles sense . New u joints , new rear hubs , all shock mounts tight . The other day I started to hear a clunk coming from the rear ended , sort of a noise when the u joints are needing replacing. Mine are new. I jacked up the rear end . Grabbed the drive shaft and was able to turn it , maybe 1/2 inch twist either way , sounds like clunk noise was coming from the rear end , any thoughts ?
     Thanks Don

Sent from my iPad