[Healeys] Rear end clunk

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Feb 16 07:33:26 MST 2017

Make sure the U-joints are OK. Even new ones can fail as not always the
correct joints are supplied/fitted. Sometimes the spider is skinnier
than the original spec ones with the external diameter of the cup being
correct which can lead to rapid wear. May be the joints were not greased
properly when installed.
If there is 1/2" twist either way and the UV-joints OK, this is to much
and adjustment/repair of the differential/rear axle is at hand.
Also check wear on the hub splines although this would not really be
noticed by turning the prop shaft.
Kees Oudesluijs