[Healeys] reverse light switch

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Dec 30 05:06:00 MST 2017

The top cover is thick enough for cutting the thread for the switch. Use
a fibre washer to even out the surface, not critical. There is barely
any load on the switch so one or two threads will be fine. You can fit a
spacer plate on the gear lever socket using Araldite or fix it with two
small screws with a sunken head. Secure the screws with Locktite. The
cover plate should be a bit taller than the surface on the socket as the
arc over which it will move is bigger.
A similar switch with a longer nose (I think) can be found on the
gearbox of a Sunbeam/Hillman/Humber/Jensen-Healey 4sp box. I can check
if you let me know the dimensions of your switch (preferably in mm) as I
have a few lying about if I am not mistaken.
Kees Oudesluijs