[Healeys] Making wheel bearing shims

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 21 23:03:36 MDT 2017

Bob,

I made the two on the left a long time ago. Not sure about the one on the
right. The one on the far left was cut with sharp scissors then placed
between two washers that were approximately the correct size for the I.D,
clamped in a vice and filed to fit.  I used two bronze washers to file the
O.D. I had a good shim to start with, possible the one on the right.
Probably used fine emery cloth to sand them a little. A little looseness in
the I.D. probably does not matter because it is clamped in place but they
are a very good fit. As for sanding them a little you are not going to lose
much thickness and, after all, you are shimming things get the correct end
float.

Cheers,
John Spaur