[Healeys] Making wheel bearing shims

goldengt goldengt at cal.net
Sun Aug 20 08:09:08 MDT 2017

I figured the edges get squeezed flat so it doesn't matter. Seemed to work in the bad old days when we couldn't get new.Ken Freese 65 BJ8

-------- Original message --------From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell at earthlink.net> Date: 8/20/17  7:11 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: John Spaur <jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net>, healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re: [Healeys] Making wheel bearing shims
John,

Is Moss just out of stock?  They're shown on their web page, item 121,
part numbers 263-1[4567]5.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=28887

I'd also be interested in hearing about any experiences making shims -
especially how they kept the edges flat.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 08/20/2017 01:44 AM, John Spaur wrote:
> Has anyone made the front axle stub wheel bearing shims? I have bought
> them before but was curious about making them because you never know
> what size shim will be needed during a bearing repack. Moreover, it
> appears Moss has them for a BJ8 but not a MKII BT7.
>
> John Spaur
>
> San Jose, CA

Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive