[Healeys] Starter

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Apr 6 08:11:59 MDT 2017

Lucas parts (starter motor, dynamo, alternator, distributor, switches
etc.) are amongst the most rugged items in automotive history. It is
suggested by some that they have a bad reputation because they fail on
classic cars. This is always due to lack of maintainance. If maintained
properly they last forever. A clean and a drop of oil in the right spot
now and then does wonders. They are also imminently
rebuildable/repairable. The same goes for SU carbs and pumps and most
Smiths/Jaeger items.
I very much doubt that modern stuff will last 50+++ years and will be
rebuildable in due course.
Kees Oudesluijs