[Healeys] Starter

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 03:00:37 MDT 2017

Glad to hear Bob
:-)
Lucas has been much maligned by many people who generally don't read their service manual, or actually service & maintain these serviceable components.
Lucas distributors saw Formula Junior engines rev over 9,000 rpm in the era!
But you are right Bob. Lucas starters and generators tend to degrade in performance over time, rather than just outright fail.
Best
Chris
Positive earth, Lucas points, all genuine Lucas BJ8